NiZn High Discharge Battery Technology Benefits
By significantly extending the cycling capability of a NiZn battery without compromising the high performance properties inherent to the chemistry, PowerGenix has introduced a rechargeable battery featuring a wide range of customer benefits.
- High Energy Density - The PowerGenix high rate discharge battery has comparable energy density to high power lithium ion batteries when measured by either weight (Watt hours per kilogram) or by volume (Watt hours per liter).
- Superior Power Density - The PowerGenix high discharge battery delivers a higher voltage in a smaller and lighter package than other rechargeable batteries. The Powergenix 12V LN3 monobloc has an impedance of 3.3mOhm and a cold crank current rating of 850Amperes.
- Lower Cost - Inherently less expensive, zinc provides a significant cost savings over other rechargeable batteries.
- Safety - NiZn is a proven safe chemistry that is abuse-tolerant.
- Speedy Recharge - The PowerGenix high discharge battery is capable of completely recharging in less than one hour, a key benefit for automotive applications where high charge acceptance is necessary.
- Cycle Life - The service life of the high discharge battery meets or beats that of most NiCd batteries in typical applications.
- Long Shelf Life - Superior to lead-acid batteries which will sulfate over time limiting their shelf life, the PowerGenix NiZn high discharge battery has a significantly longer shelf life.
- Environmentally Friendly - Both nickel and zinc are recycled easily. The zinc electrode contains no lead, cadmium or mercury, and presents no threat to the environment, making it an ideal replacement for lead batteries.